Pages

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Sweet Friends Valentine's Day treats

One of my favorite brands of products at the Crafty Doodle Chick Store are Lawn Fawn. I love the simple, fun mages they design which can be used for a variety of purposes, not just cards.
One of my current faves is the 'Sweet Friends' stamp set.


My daughter wanted me to make some small Valentine's Day treats for her friends, and what better stamp set to use than the 'sweet friends' set.

There are so many different options with this set, with mix and match sentiments I could make one for each of her friends without any being the same (I have a lot more of these to make!!)

I decided on the donut image first - i think this has to be my favorite! I colored the image with my prismacolor pencils and then cut them out with my scan'n'cut. I used some red ink to stamp on the sprinkles and then covered the whole of the pink icing with wink of stella for a little shimmer!

The s'mores stamp was also colored with prismacolor pencils and cut out, and I added some wink of stella to the graham cracker part.

I found these stitched rectangles in my stash (obviously from another project I worked on but not sure where they were cut from!!) and turned them into the tags. 

The sentiments were stamped from the set and the tags were finished off with some generation stamping for the hearts.
* Generation stamping is when you stamp the image (in this case the heart) and then stamp it again without re-inking, giving you a lighter shade of the same color.

I filled the 'test tubes' up with coordinating candy and added some bakers twine from my stash.

You'll find this product in the Crafty Doodle Chick store:

 Sweet Friends Lawn Fawn

Thanks for looking and don't forget to check out the Crafty Doodle Chick Blog every day for lots of inspiration from the rest of the design team!


Happy Crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment