Pages

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

MFT Camp Create 2017 Day 4 - Sensational Sliders

So excited to be taking part in My Favorite Things Camp Create - hoping to get all of the challenges completed!



For the front of the card I used the 'For Owl You Do' stamp set. I colored the image with my prismacolor pencils and fussy cut it out.
The sentiment was from the set also, but has 2 lines of writing on it - I only wanted the top line to be stamped on this portion. I used washi tape to cover the bottom line, inked the stamp with black ink and then removed the washi tape before stamping. This way, there was only ink on the top line of the stamp and it meant I didn't have to cut the stamp in half.
I cut out the sentiment using a die from the Blueprint Set #29.
The papers are from Doodlebug's 'kraft in color - color' 6x6 paper pad. I used the 'Die-namics stitched scallop basic edge' die set to cut out the scalloped border, and then used the 'Die-namics square peek-a-boo window' die in the middle for more color and interest.
The banner were cut using the dies from the Blueprints Set #29, along with the circle/heart. As the paper I was cutting was double sided, I decided to use both parts of the die, flipping the card over for a different color and pattern.


For the slider section of my card, I used the same 'For Owl You Do' stamp set, coloring the images with my prismacolor pencils.
I used the same method as earlier for stamping out the bottom line of the sentiment.
The balloon was stamped from Birdie Brown's 'Adorable Elephants' stamp set. Again, I wanted to change up the string on the balloon - I wanted something a little curvier to fit in between the owls and sentiment. I used washi tape to cover the straight string attached to the balloon before stamping, and then used one of the other stamps in the set for the string.
I used the Blueprints Set #29 to cut out the stitched rectangle base outline and then added the colored tab from the set to match in with the front of the card.

 

I'm so happy to have earned my fourth badge!!


Thanks for looking!


Happy crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment